Monday, August 6, 2007

back

So after being shaken by the bridge collapse (it turns out chico was on the bridge about 15 minutes before the collapse. scary stuff) i went away for the weekend. I went with chico and his family to the dells. It rained. But we went on the roller coasters that night anyway. I got some knitting done!

Finished: Mittens (No picture now, they're blocking and need their ends woven in)
Pattern: My own, really simple.
Yarn: Cascade 220
Start: Thursday, August 2nd
Finish: Sunday, August 5th
Thoughts? This pattern is an old stand by. I started it while waiting for my boss at the yarn store. I bought a set of needles and some yarn, did a swatch, and got going. I absolutely LOVE the needles i used for this. I bought a set of Brittany birch needles. Wow. The whole time i was knitting them i said to my chico "FEEL these needles!!! they're so light, yet sturdy! And look, NO LADDERS!!!!" He wasn't as enthusiastic as i was.
I also did a simple scarf out of Moda Dea Ticker Tape. I've wanted to try the yarn forever, but seeing as it was about 7 dollars for one little 67 yard ball, and it was something from Joann fabrics, i just couldn't buy it. But i saw it for 97 cents a ball and i bought 2!

Another project is a Fiber Trends Squirrel. Right now it's the shape of a peanut, but it's going to turn out so cute!

Remember the yarn next to my harry potter book? It's 4 inches of a hat right now. I want to finish it before i start any new projects, and seeing as i recently bought yarn like it was going out of style, and thoughts of a sweater dancing around in my head, it'll be done and sent of to some one in need soon.

No comments: