Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shepherd's Harvest!

Well today I went to the Shepherd's Harvest for the second year in a row. I went as an employee for the store and I got to sit at our booth for most of the day and people watch, sell some kits and patterns, and knit a little on the SCJ. It was a fun day, there was indeed some shopping. I got enough yarn to make a sweater and a pair of socks. My goal for the day was to find enough unique yarn to make myself a sweater and I found it! It wasn't the exact yarn I was looking for, since the vendor wasn't back again, and it is commercially available, but it is still unique yarn I have yet to find in a store around here. I bought 5 skeins of peace fleece, 2 in moscow magic pink, and three in perestroikan pink. I was really worried for awhile that 1,000 yards was not going to be enough for a sweater but then I realized it was aran weight and that I'm going to be okay!


Moscow Magic Pink



Perestroikan Pink

Along with the peace fleece I bought some Panda Cotton from the vendor next to us. I originally went over to her booth to buy some trekking xxl, but she was all out and I couldn't afford the austermann step (even though I really liked the colors and how it felt) since I had already bought the peace fleece and I could find the sockotta anywhere, so I went with panda cotton. I've heard about the panda wool, so I hope the cotton is just as good.


Panda Cotton, Sprite Green


Along with vendors, there were animal demonstronstrations. I wasn't able to catch any of these because I was inside manning the booth all day but I did see a big, puffy angora rabbit, lots of well behaved dogs, and a couple of sheep. It was a pretty busy day, but very cold. Nobody told me it was going to be that cold so I showed up wearing shorts and a half sleeved wool cardigan. I froze until my mom brought me jeans and my monkey socks. It was cold. It was a very good day and I hope I can go again next year.


P.S. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: