Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oh, Barnes and Noble... I thought you loved me!

So yesterday afternoon I went to barnes and noble and searched high and low for the new yarn harlot book. It was not on the shelves. An over eager sales person asked if they could help me so I inquired about the book. According to their computers the book isn't out for another month!!! Who is telling the truth!!! It has to be out! Well, after pouting that my book wasn't there I looked around and looked at all the other knitting books in search of something else. I did walk away with a purchase, but it was a tough choice. They had knitting without tears and the new reprint of knitting in plain english. I wanted both, so I went with knitting in plain english because it was bigger. I'm only a few chapters in, but I think i should have gone with knitting without tears, but I'll have to give the book a full review once I've finished. I'm still glad I bought it, though.

On the knitting front, sofia is being difficult! The button band directions say to pick up and knit 70 sts., which is proving to be impossible! I'm sure it's not that bad and if i were to just sit down and do it I could be done by now, but so many new yarns are and projects are being tempting. I think I'm going to cast on for monkey number 2 very soon and hopefully have them done very soon! I think it's too late to start anything tonight, but very soon! I also really, really want to work on designing and self publishing some of my own stuff, but I have so many other projects that need to be done! Summer vacation can't come soon enough!!! I think a bunch of small projects in the next few weeks will be a lot of fun because i did do 2 (small) sweaters in about 5 weeks, starting one right after the other. it'll be fun to cast something on, wave my hands around, and have something fun and new in a few hours.

No comments: